What is an After Pastor?
After Pastors are clergy serving in congregations where a former religious leader engaged in unethical conduct. Ministry in these congregations can be difficult and challenging
After Pastors serve in ministries where:
- A Previous minister sexualized relationships with members and friends of the congregation
- Staff members were sexually harassed by other staff
- People experienced abuses of power by religious leaders
- Individuals or families were traumatized by a betrayal of pastoral trust
An After Pastor may experience:
- Increased stress
- Personal or professional attacks unrelated to job performance
- Diminished self-esteem or confidence
- Increased risk or temptation for unethical conduct
- Pressure to defend or attack a predecessor minister
- Withholding of support by congregation members or staff
Education and Support Programs for After Pastors will help:
- Increase understanding of the comlexities of ministerial misconduct and malpractice
- Identify systemic issues in misconducted congregations
- Maintain clarity in pastoral roles
- Decrease the risk of ethical violation
- Respond effectively to the particular demands of After Pastor ministry
- Manage stress and related health problems
EDUCATION AND SUPPORT PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
After pastor groups include 3 to 7 clergy from a variety of traditions. Each session combines didactic and case study material. Six two hour sessions are scheduled in several convenient locations.
Individual coaching and consulting for After Pastors and denominational leaders. Telephone or in person appointments available.
Cost: $45 per half hour
Two day seminars outlining the challenges and opportunities of ministering to congregations where a previous religious leader engaged in unethical conduct.
Designed for clergy and lay leadership.
Cost: Varies with location
We also offer, Clergy Wellness, Crisis Support and Management, Case Study Seminars, Congregational Healing, Advocacy, Response Team Training and Ethics Education.
more information or to make an appointment
please e-mail us